- Chicken Lollipops from Chicken wings 12 -13
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 teaspoons
- Beaten Egg – 1
- Garlic- 2 cloves (chopped)
- Freshly ground Black Pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Cornflour – 4 tablespoons
- Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce – 4- 5 tablespoons
- Soy Sauce (light)- 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Paste- 1 tablespoon (Can put more if desired)
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped) or Spring Onions for Garnish
- Oil for frying
Step 1: Chicken Wings Marinade:
- In a bowl, add Ginger Garlic Paste, salt, freshly ground black pepper, Soy Sauce. Dip the chicken wings in this and mix well. Put it in the fridge for 1 hour for the flavour to settle in.
Step 2: Sauce Preparation
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil, add the chopped garlic and fry the garlic until golden. (Make sure that the garlic is fried well otherwise you will get the smell and taste of raw garlic)
- Add red chilli paste and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add sweet chilli dipping sauce (can be purchased from any local grocery store). Let it cook for another minute for a saucy consistency.
- Chilly Garlic Sauce is ready
Step 3: Chicken wings
- Add cornflour and 1 beaten egg to the marinated chicken wings (this will help to coat batter on the chicken wings).
Note: The batter should be thick and not very watery or else it would not stick to the chicken wings.
Chicken Wings are ready for Frying
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the wings when the oil is medium hot.
- Fry on medium heat for a couple of minutes till they turn golden/brown in colour.
Step 4: Sauté Chicken wings
- Heat a pan and sauté the fried chicken wings with the previously prepared chilli garlic sauce for a minute. (Only use enough sauce to coat the wings)
- Garnish with finely cut spring onions/coriander.
- Serve Hot
Enjoy the yummy Chicken Lollipops!