Pav Bhaji is a very popular snack loved by everyone in India. It’s not just convenient to cook but healthy too.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- Boiled Potatoes- 4
- Peppers- 2
- Mixed Vegetable- 1 Cup (a mix of peas, carrots, beans, corn)
- Tomatoes- 4 (or 1 can of chopped tomatoes)
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 3 Tablespoons (Depends on how spicy you like it)
- Oil- 2 Tablespoons
- Onions- 2
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Butter- 50 g
- Coriander Leaves- a handful
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Onion
- Finely chopped fresh Coriander
- Put all the vegetables (except boiled potatoes and tomatoes) together in a pressure cooker and pressure cook them till soft.
- Blend the vegetables using a hand blender and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped tomatoes.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add the boiled potatoes to it and mash them.
- Add salt, pav bhaji masala and coriander leaves. Mix it well.
- Add the vegetable blend and butter to the potato mix and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add some water and cook it on slow heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice to give a tangy flavour.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped onions.
- Serve hot with butter roasted buns.
- Pav bhaji masala is a great blend of spices which is available at any Indian grocery store. Using it not only makes it much more convenient but also adds to the flavour of the dish.