1 Kg Lamb Mince
2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Salt (according to taste)
3 tsp Cumin Powder (Coarsely Ground)
2 tsp Paprika or degi mirch
3/4 Medium- Sized Onion (Very finely chopped)
1 tbsp Grated Ginger
Coriander- Handful (Finely Chopped)
1 Green Chilly (Finely Chopped)
1 Medium sized egg (Acts as a binding agent)
- Pour minced meat in a bowl. Add all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Work the mince with your hands as if you were kneading a dough for about 5- 7 minutes. (It will have a thick paste like texture- this is essential for preventing the seek kebabs from breaking)
- Refrigerate in the fridge for 30 minutes (This helps all the flavours to get into the mince)
- Wet your hands a little and then squeeze the meat onto the skewers.
- Place the Seekh kebabs on a non-stick pan and cook on medium heat turning regularly until it is cooked. (No oil is needed as the mince will leave its own oil)
- You will be surprised to see how quickly they will cook.
- Serve Hot with Coriander and Mint Chutney (or any dip you prefer) and Onions.
- You can also sprinkle Chaat Masala on these at the time of serving (Optional)
(Please Note: tsp= teaspoon, tbsp = tablespoon)